Success happens when Preparation meets Opportunity!
You have spent the last few weeks preparing for the opportunity of landing your dream job. Great job, your resume and cover letter have taken you to the next step, the interview process. There are several different types of interviews, but they all serve the same purpose of letting interviewers evaluate your skills, knowledge, experience, education, and personality to determine if you’re right for the position.
Depending on the type of job you’re applying for, you will most likely go through various kinds of interviews.
Here are some standard types of interviews:
- Screening/ Phone
- One on One/ Face to Face
- Video Conferencing
- Breakfast or Lunch…
Let’s Prepare for The Interview
- Research (Go back to Industry Research Module)
- the company
- Interviewer (school they attended, common connections…)
- Product / services
- Latest news
- Current business challenges,
- Create 3 o r 4 of YOUR key selling points
- What can you do for the company
- Have crisp, clear answers for all standard interview questions.
- Don’t memorize
- Have relevant and intelligent questions prepared
- Bring them along
- Practice, Practice, Practice
- Be on time
- Dress appropriately (professional and comfortable)
- 70% of employers don’t want applicants to be too fashionable or trendy
- 65% cloths could be the deciding factor between candidates
- Good hygiene
- Bring copies of cover letter, resume
- Whatever you sent them before
- References – give only if asked
- Bring samples of work – if relevant
The 5 Most Common Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Additional Interview Preparation information:
Congratulations, you have just gotten a call from the hiring manager for the job you applied for during the Cover Letter Module.
- Start preparing for a panel interview to be conducted by your peers next week.
- Send the job posting along with your cover letter that you completed in the Cover Letter Module to your peers