Map the Process
Draw flow chart – if possible, have someone document the entire process flow prior to the meeting or have the team map the existing process flow during the meeting.
Analyze process flow – as a team review the process flow and identify all opportunities for errors or breakdown in the process and non-value-added activities.
The team will use the 3W & 1H technique for data collection.
What are we going to measure? (Key Performance Indicators – KPIs)
Where are we today? – (Current Level)
Where do we want to be? (Goal)
Frequency of KPI
Method of collecting the KPI
Cost (how much is the cost of the problem?)
- Has the scope of the problem been narrowed down?
- Has the complete flow chart been mapped?
- Have failed breakdowns been analyzed in detail?
- Can we determine the severity of the problem?
- Is there an action plan to collect additional information?
- Has the financial impact of the problem been determined?
- Do we have the right team members for the next step?