The facilitator will ask the team the following questions to determine if a patch is required.
- Is patch in place or needed?
- If patch is being used, is it measurable and effective?
- Have patches from process flow analysis been reviewed?
- Do we need any other patches?
- Is there an existing or new patch?
- Are we sure the patch won’t cause other problems?
- Can we try out actions on a small scale to test if they will be effective?
- Is ongoing data being collected to ensure actions will remain effective?
- Have we communicated the patch? (e.g. work instructions)
- Do we have the right team members for the next step?